Monday, January 26, 2009

Free Write!

Well..I racked my brain for things to talk about that I feel passionately about or just want to talk about in general but one thing is sticking out in my head that I just can't seem to get rid of. About two weeks ago I was home back in Charleston and over the weekend, Daniel Black, a boy I grew up with died in a car accident. Not that we were best friends or anything but I just knew him since I was little. He actually graduated from Clemson in 2008. This news was such a shock. It's just weird to think that someone so young and full of life can have everything end in a matter of seconds. It's always weird to think that he is not here anymore. You have to step back and really reevaluate your life when things happen like that. Are you really living life to the fullest? Are you being a great and kind servant to everyone you meet? Do you want to leave the world with everyone thinking you are a grumpy, old hag? When things happen like that it makes me realize that it could have been me, or my mom or my sisters. I am so cautious now about everything I am doing, including drinving back and forth from Charleston. I really wish I could take it all back for this family. It is so hard to know that someone is going through that kind of pain. He was their youngest child of three. On thing I thought was kind of neat was after everyone, mainly from James Island, heard about it posted up their profile pictures with him in them. It was like atleast 10 different people who changed them. I know thats silly, I just thought it was kind of cool. Now when I am on the interstate I really drive with lots of caution. I pray that this does not happen to any one else I know any time soon, because it might make me start questioning God and wondering if this is some sort of sign to make some changes in my own life? Anyways, this is something that I just haven't been able to shake and I just wanted to share with ya'll. Really do live every minute as if it could end right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment