Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Interview Article

Then, respond to the article. Do you agree that these are the biggest mistakes that you could make in a job interview? Have you ever had a job interview? Describe what it was like? What can a person do to be well prepared for a job interview?

I think the mistakes that the article mentioned are some things I would never think of. For instance, never asking dumb questions. I always would have thought any kind of question would show interest in the company. Also, I never would have thought follow up would have been so important. And, a phone interview?? I didnt think those were that common or important.

I have had a job interview. Although, they weren't for any "important, high paying" job. Most of them were just your run of the mill interviews, "When can you work? Why do you want to work here?" So most of my interviews have not been nerve racking at all. They were all very laid back interviews.

I think to be well-prepared for an interview you should always, always practice. Once you have down what you are going to say and can say it backwards and forwards your nerves won't be as bad. Also, arriving early to the interview is a great way to show how responsible and courteous you are. And finally, research the company and don't walk in knowing nothing about the company, seem confident but not cocky.

No comments:

Post a Comment