Tuesday, February 10, 2009

This week, you will have a visit with from our client. Now, it's finally time to get started with the work on the client project. For this blog post, I'd like you to blog about that. What ideas do you have so far? What are your biggest concerns? How are things coming along in your group? What questions do you have for me about how to complete this project?

I loved hearing from Ms. Goree! And am I so thrilled that we are working on something like this that concerns the Clemson student body as a whole. She brought a lot of interesting discussion to our class and I think the very best idea I heard was to persuade Aramark to buy their fruits and vegetables produced by our organic farm because this would be so incredibly beneficial to everybody in the short and long run. My sister works for Aramark at College of Charleston and I have heard some stories about just how strict and unflexible they can be. I hate it when she has to work all week and then on the weekends on occasion. Also, my mom works for a very poor school in North Charleston and she has noticed, like Angie was saying, how the poverty level effects the poor food choices. I wish, that in spite of the fact that these kids are the less fortunate, that they could still have healthy food choices at school. I think this initiative should push past the boundaries of Clemson and try and make an impression on the all the schools in South Carolina by modeling how this change can be brought in a quick, simple and effective way. Then we can model how profound it as had an effect on our students and campus as a whole. If I could have it my way, Clemson would totally demolish Aramark's monopoly on the campus and use our own food system and we would bring in Aramark only when we absolutely need them.
My biggest concern is that we are going to put a ton of effort into this initiative and have very little impact. But what if we don't? Won't it leave us wondering what could've happened? I love the initiative, I think it is a wonderful idea and proposal. As far as things are going in my group, we still haven't met yet but I have a feeling we are going to have lots to talk about because I noticed that every person in my group spoke up and asked questions and gave ideas! Except me, I really have to work on my shyness. If there was one thing I could change, I wish I was more outgoing. Anyways, I can't wait for Wednesday's class so I can talk with them all and discuss all of our great ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment