Monday, February 16, 2009

For this week's blog, visit this link - http://www.collegegrad.com/coverletters/. Read the advice that is offered about writing cover letters.Do you agree with all of the advice given here? Are the points with which you disagree?Which section of this tutorial is the most useful to you?Is there anything of which you were not aware that you plan to use when you write your cover letter for your mock interview in this class?

I agree with most of the advice here because writing cover letters is something new to me and I think it all the advice is very sound. It is straight and to the point. Making th cover letter specific and personal to the company seems very important because it makes the company feel valued and you didnt just send the letter out to 100 different businesses. Finding out and documenting to the company waht makes YOU different from the others is totally important, because if you are just another face inthe crowd they will most likely forget about your resume or just overlook you altogether. For some reason I was thinking a cover letter would be long and tedious but I am now realizing that it is short and to the point and that makes me feel sooo much better because these people don't have a lot of time to read cover letters and resumes so it makes sense for it to be short and sweet. Last but not least I think the idea of adding a testimonial to a cover letter is a great idea because this proves that you are worthy and will actually do the work you are assigned. I am really glad you posted this because I have been looking for samples and tips to guide me through my first cover letter!

No comments:

Post a Comment