Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Ethical Principles

Reflect upon the examples that we have discussed. What did you learn from this? How would you explain your own set of ethical principles as you prepare to enter the workforce or graduate school?

I was so disgusted by the memo written for the concentration camps. I cannot believe they would talk about human lives like that, especially children. I had no idea about the Ford Pinto either. That really makes me not want to ever buy a car from that company again. I never thought anything like this would happen here in the US, but apparently it happens all the time. People will be people, selfish and hateful at their best. I hope I never have to deal with any situations like those we discussed.
I have a few ethical principles I find extremely important. The first one is human dignity, everybody has rights and should feel equally valued and worthy. Respect for others is another very important ethical principle that I find important. I feel everyone should be respected until they prove that there is no reason we should show them any respect. Finally, I believe that putting others before yourself is the most important. It is a selfless act and it shows how caring and loving you are towards others. People will respectt you more, the less concerned you become about yourself and the more concerned you become for other and their well-being.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Sarah,
    I was really shocked when I heard about the example of the concentration camps too. I like how you have extended your ethical conduct outside of the workplace. I think that often people think about ethical conduct as not cheating or stealing while at work, but I like that you included just having respect for all people, regardless of work.
    -Kelly

    ReplyDelete